Luca,

thanks.

1. You confirmed what I suspected - LAST_AREA means "last area in that
line"; so may be we should rename it to LAST_AREA_IN_LINE?

2. I need (nearly) exactly what Jeremias was referring to in your [1] -
that is "an indication that the last area for a LM is being generated".
In my case I am only interested in inline areas. However, it seems no
solution has yet been found for this issue. I'll keep looking then.

Manuel