On Sep 25, 2005, at 12:16, Andreas L Delmelle wrote:

On Sep 25, 2005, at 05:19, Manuel Mall wrote:

Hmm, not sure about this one. The actual rules for computing his
compound value are actually a bit involved and require information
possibly not readily available to the property system.

Aha, then this could also be precisely the reason why the dominant-baseline property cannot return a value of scaled-baseline-table, but its enum value should be used further downstream where all the necessary information has become available.

Manuel, I've been doing a bit more pondering over this question, and I feel that this is more or less analogous to percentage-resolution (?). Is that a correct assessment? I mean, the solution could be to have getEnum() always return the original enum value, but the other getters I mentioned could be made to have one or more parameters, that serve the function of passing information back in from wherever the getters are used --somewhat like CBPB.hasPadding() which passes a PercentBaseContext back into the property system, which can then be used by the property system to provide the caller with the computed value. While the property system can never resolve that percentage by itself, it can do so when it is provided with the basis for calculation.

Just an idea. Hope it can be of any use.

Cheers,