I think it's not that simple in the Knuth approach because you cannot
just switch off the breaking as a paragraph is always broken as a whole
("total fit" in Knuth's terms). The easiest would be to simply generate
a zero-width box for the no-wrap inline followed by a hard break. This
would work fine for the text-align="start" case but probably not for the
other cases. The problem: as soon as the breaker gets a line that is
wider than the available IPD it breaks the element to the next part/line
which is not necessarily expected here. OTOH, how does a no-wrap look
like in case of a text-align="justify"? Hmm. At any rate, the first step
would probably be to create elements inside the no-wrap inline so that
it behaves like a keep-together.within-line="always". Stuff to think
about....as if we lack that. :-)