Jeremias Maerki wrote:

I'd prefer to make the area tree more detailed and the renderers simpler.

Maybe we could use a trick to minimize the memory increase by creating an additional "word" area as a child to the text area so we don't have to replicate the traits for each word. WDYT?

So, your idea is to move the actual string of text from TextArea to a new class WordArea; in the pdf renderer, renderText would just create the parameters and the TJ operator, while the rendering of a WordArea would produce a string (...) or <...> with its offset, right?

Tomorrow I'll try and implement this.

Regards
    Luca