On Nov 2, 2005, at 01:39, Manuel Mall wrote:

On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 05:14 am, Simon Pepping wrote:

On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 06:54:08PM +0100, Andreas L Delmelle wrote:

On Nov 1, 2005, at 16:03, Manuel Mall wrote:

Is it a)
<empty line>
line 1
<empty line>

This one, IMO.

I agree, a)

Same as Simon, Joerg and Andreas I thought a) as well but am now
confused because both AntennaHouse and RenderX render:

FWIW: I'm sticking to my initial a).

Furthermore, I tried following the current whitespace removal algorithm (fo.flow.Block.handleWhiteSpace()) for this particular case, and IIC, it is handled pretty well --IOW: both linefeeds are properly presented to the layout-engine, but it's somewhere in layout that the decision is made to drop the trailing linefeed. Probably because the feasible break after 'line1' gets 'merged' with the forced line-break (or: what exactly does the algorithm do when it encounters a mere break-possibility immediately followed by a forced line-break?)

Cheers,