What's the opinion around the group on how external-graphics /
instream-foreign-objects are suppose to be handled with respect to
determining linebreak opportunities.

a) There is no intrinsic linebreak opportunity on either side of an
e-g/i-f-o (of course if surrounded by spaces or other breaking chars
these will produce a linebreak opportunity)
        Knuth sequence:
                box w="..."
b) They act more like a word surrounded by zero width spaces, ie one can
break before and after.
        Knuth sequence:
                pen w="0" p="0"
                box w="..."
                pen w="0" p="0"
c) Like b) but its undesirable so we penalise it, like a hyphen.
        Knuth sequence:
                pen w="0" p="FLAGGED"
                box w="..."
                pen w="0" p="FLAGGED"
d) Some (weird) combination like only allow a break after....

a) is certainly the simplest and an author can always put a ZWSP around
an e-g/i-f-o element. But would the "average" user expect it to behave
more like b) or c) (FWIW - MS Word behaves more like b)? On the other
hand for b) and c) we need an override if an author doesn't want a
break, ie. an explicit zero width joiner would be required. I am
tending towards a).

Manuel