On Nov 13, 2005, at 12:37, Manuel Mall wrote:

Hi Manuel,

I went through the examples in examples/basic/fo, that is the examples
processed by:
ant examples
and updated them to better match 0.90 and to eliminate most warnings.

Thanks a lot for taking care of that.

While doing so I noticed a few things:

1. The blockcontainer.fo examples spits out heaps of warnings. I have
not looked into those. May be someone with a better understanding of
this whole area could have a look please.

Had a very quick look, and IIC, this is related to the fact that the reference-orientation is set to 180 (meaning upside-down), and 'top' is being interpreted as 'bottom' (and vice versa). Same for 'left' and 'right'.

IMO, this interpretation seems to be correct. See XSL-FO Rec 1.0 7.20.3 reference-orientation: "The 'reference-orientation' property is applied only on formatting objects that establish a reference-area. Each value of 'reference- orientation' sets the absolute direction for 'top', 'left', 'bottom', and 'right';"

So, the values of these properties need to be changed to reflect the reference-orientation specified on the block-container in question...

Do the other team-members agree with this assessment?

Cheers,