On Nov 13, 2005, at 18:17, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

<snip />
I don't think so, if we're talking about the area. Assume a longer block with several lines which also contains an absolutely positioned b- c. If
there's a page break in the middle of this block and the vertical size
of the b-c is determined using the "top" and "bottom" properties, the
size of the b-c would be different depending on the position of the
break, since the box would be the area (or probably more accurate: the
first area generated by the formatting object) and depending on the
break's position this area may be bigger or smaller.

Ouch indeed! :-/
Seems I'm confusing:
"the area generated is a descendant of the page-area"
with
"the page-area is the 'containing area' of the generated area"

Or not?

Cheers,