On Nov 13, 2005, at 18:00, Andreas L Delmelle wrote:

On Nov 13, 2005, at 17:36, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

<snip />
The other question is:
What's the "box"? The containing area?

Yep. I think this is answered in the definition of absolute- position="absolute":

First, for the value of "absolute"
"The area's position (and possibly size) is specified with the 'left', 'right', 'top', and 'bottom' properties. These properties specify offsets with respect to the area's containing area."

In XSL-FO 1.1, the wording is slightly different BTW:
"These properties specify offsets with respect to the area's nearest ancestor reference area."

Does this make it simpler or more difficult? Wouldn't this mean that I wasn't confused at all?

Cheers,