On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 09:15 pm, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> mk1logo.tif seems to never have made it into the repository. Here's
> the revision when this made it into the repository:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs?rev=194119&view=rev
>
> The whole thing seems to come from here:
> http://www.elovirta.com/2001/06/28/giro/
>
> I can't find any post in the archives that suggests that Jarno
> Elovirta formally donated his example to the project. I assume he
> sent it to Arved Sandstrom directly back then. Given that the file
> would need some touch-up anyway I'd say we simply remove the file. If
> anyone wants to contact Jarno to clear that up, please do.

Hmm, this makes me hesitate especially after reading thread
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-legal-discuss/200511.mbox/browser
which Jeremias pointed to in another post today.

None of the examples/fo files have an Apache licence header. As
indicated above some of their origins may be clouded and possibly
predate the times when legal and licensing issues became a topic of
serious concern for the ASF. Can we (or more specifically the PMC
members) be sure that there are no legal issues with any of these
files? If there is doubt should they be in the repository or even in
the planned release?

> On 15.11.2005 12:16:05 Manuel Mall wrote:
> > The example fo examples/fo/advanced/giro.fo wants a graphics called
> > mk1logo.tif. That file doesn't appear to be in svn. Any one come
> > across that file or has a local copy or knows anything about this?
> >
> > Manuel
>
> Jeremias Maerki

Manuel