Hmm, but the 0pt is not explicit, it is implicit, derived from
calculations. And what is "auto" in this case?

Anyway, to provide the user with the means to detect problems in his
stylesheet we'd need much more code that detects overflows, for example
if a word doesn't fit in the available space, nothing happens currently.
The word is simply painted beyond the available space.