On 09.12.2005 14:42:45 Luca Furini wrote:

> > Relaxed validation for border and padding on region-*.
>
> I see that, at the moment, with relaxed validation FOP does no more stops
> with an error if a region has borders / padding, but anyway the borders
> and padding are not painted (and even taken into account).
>
> I was wondering whether this is supposed to be the final behaviour of FOP,
> or it's just an intermediate step: in other words, if no one is already
> working on this, could I have a look at the code and try to add borders
> and padding to the region areas, or such a change would be vetoed?

I'm not sure which, but at least one of the commercial implementations
allows borders and padding on region-*. It's ok from my side if you want
to do that but it should only work if relaxed validation is active. And
please don't forget the test case if you implement the new feature.

> At the moment, I think the produced output is not what a user would expect

The goal was to improve interoperability with commercial implementations,
for people switching to FOP.