Please note, that this change breaks any external XMLHandler
implementations.

What I forgot to mention in the commit message is that I reinstalled the
text stroking switch for PDF and PS output. Though the text bridges do a
fine job nowadays, I prefer to have the comfort of an additional
fallback should all things go boom.