I see absolutely no problem with creating that special class that holds
all the information about the setup for the new coordinate system
established by a viewport. You could argue that the CTM is calculated
too early in the layout managers. So far all renderers were pretty much
ok with only working with the CTM. If that doesn't apply to all
renderers we have to adjust for that.