On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 04:35:21PM +0100, Andreas L Delmelle wrote:
> On Dec 30, 2005, at 16:26, Manuel Mall wrote:
>
> >After applying the latest round of patches the test case
> >linearea_nonempty_1.xml fails for me. Does that happen to other as
> >well?
>
> It never worked for me, but couldn't remember whether it was the
> intention, or did someone forget to disable it? I'm not sure, but it
> seemed to be unrelated to anything I was doing...

It works in revisions 359477 and 360072, it does not work in the
latest revision, 360124. It works again if I change the expectation
from lineArea[2] to lineArea[1]. This may be a good sign. lineArea[1]
was an empty line caused by the mysterious line containing a glue and
a penalty. It seems like Andreas' changes have removed it, and that
may be a more correct result than the previous one.

But I am not happy with the way Andreas waives the failure. You should
have investigated it and corrected it. If the file failed for you from
the start, you should have reported it. Can you investigate whether it
is OK that the empty line has disappeared, and correct the
expectation?

Simon

--
Simon Pepping