Hey, Simon is on the PMC, so he should know. Just joking. Back to
business: There is a recent thread on legal-discuss that should shed
some light into this:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-legal-discuss/200601.mbox/browser

Looks like I was taking this a little too strict earlier. And it turns
out that the copyright year thing will likely soon be a thing of the
past anyway. HTH

<snip/>