Jeremias Maerki wrote:
Among other things, I'm currently implementing support for XMP metadata
I introduced the concept of a ContentHandlerFactory (util
package). This could also be used when building the FO tree instead of
dealing with XMLObj-descendants which are discarded after the DOM
element they generate is added to the Document on one of its ancestors.

I'm somehow reminded of commons digester, which implements a rule based
approach of building a Java object network from XML. Maybe its worth
taking a look at its source, or even evaluate the option of using
digester to build the FO tree including metadata and embedded foreign
data?

J.Pietschmann