Hi there,

the FOP sources are quite complex and it's not the amount of classes but the
patchwork style, which is necessary, to a certain extent. I'll return on this
in a later mail. To upgrade the RTF export (proportional and percentage-based
widths) I need further information. I could find nothing helpful on RTF's
future:

1. RTF is not rendered page oriented. Therefore it has no layout tree and
renders to it's own tree-structure.
2. FO allows page-sequence-master which refer to simple-page-master -> every
page sequence has no infomation object (for margin wrapper...)
3. A column list is necessary, when it comes to proportional widths

These are not problems, which cannot be solved. But this implies, that I misuse
a PercentBaseContext to retrieve the width property from the flow.TableColumn
(...holding the Length-realization...raising the RuntimeException when
getValue() is invoked) and that I insert (or reuse?) a mechanism to get the
document's margin or to imply, that page-sequence-master-pages are either odd
or blank. After that I can save all the proportional values to some column list
and calculate when the first table row is inserted. Other ideas, suggestions,
hints, strategies?

(Have a look at the RTFHandler-class, connecting the fo-events to methods which
create the necessary RTF-objects. These take care of the OutputStream and
convert their values via the FoUnitsConverter. This converter cannot deal with
proportional values, cause it has no link to the total width, which is provided
by the PercentBaseContext-realizer, e.g. LayoutManager...)

The table cell indenting is a minor change and only an additional "\li0" to
RTF's column wrapper class. (The table inherits the enclosing paragraph's
indenting which causes the cell content to be indented like a paragraph. This
must be reset in every row and get the correct value from the cell's padding.)

Thanks for your patience *g*...

"Jetzt Handykosten senken mit klarmobil - 14 Ct./Min.! Hier klicken"
www.klarmobil.de/index.html?pid=73025