On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 08:56:22PM +0100, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Yep, that's exactly what I need. But hey, adding a 3MB library just for
> this method, that is a little much. Hmm. fop.jar is only 1.7MB. :-) But
> ICU4J looks interesting.

It aims to be _the_ Java access library to Unicode. As FOP becomes
more Unicode aware, can we do without it? Perhaps it also has anything
on UAX#14, line breaking?

Is there a way to make it an optional extension to java's Unicode
support, to be installed by those users who want to use Unicode
features in FOP that go beyond the ordinary? Most such users may
already have it installed.

The license seems to allow us to repackage it, and we could package a
cutdown version that would satisfy FOP's needs. There are a few huge
resource files in impl/data.

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping