On 02.04.2006 14:07:21 thomas.deweese wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
>     What do you want to do about this?
>    Do we need to move these back for you or what?

No, it's up to me (sorry for the delay!!!). I wanted to port the codecs
to Commons and start using Commons in FOP. I want to do it in a clean
way and start to make FOP more Classpath-compatible. The ImageWriters
will help a long way here. I've done pretty much everything on the
Commons side and will be ready for the first step on Tuesday (probably).
What you could do in Batik is planning to remove the components I
already migrated to Commons and start using a commons snapshot, too.

>    You might also consider tracking the svg11 branch in gump rather than
> 'trunk'...
> This might make more sense in the near term anyway as likely if a release
> of
> Batik were to happen in the near term there is a good chance it would be
> the
> svg11 branch (really 'stable' at this point) rather than the trunk/svg12
> branch (new features).

I didn't think about that. Good hint. I guess it makes sense in this
case to point FOP's Gump descriptor to the branch for the moment. Still,
I'd prefer to use the codecs from Commons now.