On Sunday 07 May 2006 18:02, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
<snip/>
> Note to FOP committers: Interestingly, the DejaVu font might actually
> meet our needs license-wise if we want a set of fonts we can
> redistribute. We'd only have to check with legal since the license is
> not standard BSD. The drawback: The fonts are quite large (5 MB all
> together).

I think it would be worthwhile to check with ASF legal if the license
for these fonts is OK. Even if we don't redistribute them it would be
very useful to have a set of fonts in the test resources area so we can
have tests which can check unicode handling, line breaking, layout,
rendering, font embedding, ... for unicode chars not contained in the
base14 fonts.

It would also allow us to have some basic regression tests for the
ttfreader.

Manuel