Always good to hear when someone wants to contribute. TrueType support
for AFP will certainly be handy.

I can't give you technical advice on the AFP stuff because I'm only
a newbie there. But from the procedural point of view:
- http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/dev/index.html#patches
- If you send new files or if the patch is substantial we will require
you to fax a signed contributor license agreement [1] to the ASF's
secretary.

[1] http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas