Jeremias Maerki wrote:

No idea if anyone else has time to look into it. I don't think it's an easy fix, or at least easy to isolate, because footnote handling is not trivial. Having a good test case is instrumental in finding the problem quickly. Usually, this is step is 60% to fixing a bug.

I'm going to look at this bug: it appears to be (more or less) the same bug as #37579: while the sequences of elements representing the list-item-label and the list-item-body are combined, information about footnotes is lost.

While having a quick fix should not be difficult, I'd like to see if there is an elegant way to deal with this kind of problem without having to replicate the same code wherever an "element combination" is performed.

At the moment, I'm thinking of an "element sequence iterator", moving from a feasible break to another and returning an object with all the needed information (width, stretch, shrink, footnotes, ...). I think such an object could come in handy for severaral classes ...

If anyone has other ideas, suggestions, objections, just let me know!

Regards
    Luca