Vincent,

the thesis is cheap at 35$. I paid 61$ for a paper copy last year. And
ISO standards cost more than three times that for the same number of
pages. That said, I think these 35$ are well-spent. Maybe there are
student reductions?

I couldn't do much with the thesis. I just didn't understand most of it.
Too abstract and mathematically oriented for me. But that's probably
because I dropped off University after the first semester. :-) Anyway,
the thesis seems to contain a lot about before-floats. Actually, IMO,
the thesis title is too generic for what's inside. I think you could get
quite a bit out of it for your project.