On Apr 27, 2006, at 09:58, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

Sorry for the extra-late reply, still catching up...

However, I'm not sure it this is right, but
white-space-treatment is handled "before any linefeed-treatment handling is considered" (XSL-FO 1.0, 7.15.8). I think the afterLineFeed variable
is currently not properly set. It also looks like our testcases don't
cover this particular constellation. What adds to my uncertainty is that
XEP does not behave as I would expect in this case (it seems to remove
the tab but not the spaces).

I think you are quite correct here. Even more, I think this should be extended to all occurrences of the linefeed character, meaning all the way at the beginning of the loop --linefeed converted to a space-- and I'd even move it out of the switch-block... if there is a linefeed character, no matter what happens to it, the afterLinefeed condition should always be true.

There could be nasty side-effects, I'm not sure, so I'll have to play with it a bit more before making those changes.

Cheers,