Joerg,

I'm glad you volunteer to do any changes. But there's also something
else. We had a vote in March about merging back the "API Finalization"
branch back into Trunk. You voted +1 back then knowing the the branch
had the word "Finalization" in it. Furthermore, we've already
communicated with 0.92beta that "the API is now considered stable" [1].
So, if the committership feels we should take another round of API
improvements, I won't block (your suggestions are all reasonable) but I
won't take the lead here. Either you or someone else has to take the
lead and push for it (consensus gathering, changes, documentation,
communication...).

I'm leaving tomorrow for Ireland and will be away for another week after
ApacheCon on "green holidays" (Swiss style), so I wouldn't have time
anyway. But I'll try to keep an eye on the lists as often as possible.

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.92/upgrading.html