Yesterday, I've reconstructed the FOP logo because the Illustrator and
SVG file we have is not suitable for high quality output (gradients made
of a set of differently shaded shapes, pixelation effects in the feather
and the text). I did not manage to get my hands on the exact same font
that was used by Tobias Müller but I think I got a reasonably close one
(Zapf Humnst). At any rate the original font was some variant of Hermann
Zapf's Optima font. Only the P is slightly different (on the top) and
the bottom of the F and the P are curved in my variant while they are
straight in Tobias Müller's. I also replaced the feather with the
original used in the main ASF logo.

The logo is here: http://people.apache.org/~jeremias/fop/logo/

OK if I check in and use the new variant or is it too far from the
original?

BTW, the SVG currently doesn't produce the right result if you use it in
FO to create a PDF using FOP. There are problems with the gradients. The
motivation for reconstructing the logo was actually to have a
high-quality version that I can use to create a FOP poster for OpenExpo
[1][2]. Either I have to fix the gradient support or I can't do the
poster using FOP which would have been rather cool.

[1] http://www.openexpo.ch
[2] http://wiki.openexpo.ch/index.php?title=Apache_FOP