Dear Betrand, et al.

I've been watching this list for a while and have been waiting the day
when interest grows in handling complex scripts. This is going to be key
for handling Non-Roman scripts, which while not your target, are a big
need when it comes to typesetting.

> -Try to get a few OpenType reference fonts that can be distributed
with FOP for testing and demonstration (I'd ask some font editors, the
fonts can be crippled if they want, for example by removing portions
of the glyph sets).

http://scripts.sil.org/OFL_fonts lists some fonts that are freely
available, I know that Doulos SIL and Charis SIL have a significant
amount of OT code in them, along with Graphite. Gentium will get smarts
in due course. The Myanmar font has Graphite code in them.

Anyone interested in integrating Graphite is welcome to contact me. It
has support for multi-level justification, programmable line break
opportunities at multiple levels, features, etc. and you don't have to
get into the script behaviours game (integrate and forget).

Yours,
Martin Hosken