Andreas L Delmelle wrote:

I discovered the following in our testcase 'marker_font-size.xml'

<fo:block background-color="red" white-space-collapse="false">
  <fo:marker marker-class-name="m1">
    <fo:block font-size=".5em">
      First marker with small font
    </fo:block>
  </fo:marker>
</fo:block>

According to the Rec, a marker must be an initial child of its parent, but the above generates a FOText child node for which willCreateArea() returns true, hence FObj.addMarker() logs an error, so that there is no marker to retrieve, and the checks obviously fail. :)

Surely this rule in the spec means first non-whitespace only node??? In any case, this is how FOP should behave IMO.

Chris