Vincent, thanks for the extensive documentation of your work and for
taking the time to do the illustrations. That's very good stuff. I'm
impressed.

So, assuming we change from total-fit to best-fit for page-breaking,
would that simplify the implementation of side-floats? From your
description I'd say that is so. Since we will probably have to do that
move anyway, that should be good news for you. The bad news is that the
change to best-fit would have to be done first and the GSoC is over
quite soon. I wonder if we lose much if you just implement your
simplified approach for total-fit for now, and we adjust later when
anyone has time to switch to best-fit. Hmm.

Anyway, I think the restrictions are ok for the initial implementation.
Most people will likely be happy with that already.

On 11.08.2006 12:53:46 Apache Wiki wrote:
> Dear Wiki user,
>
> You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Xmlgraphics-fop Wiki"
> for change notification.
>
> The following page has been changed by VincentHennebert:
> http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/GoogleSummerOfCode2006/FloatsImplementationProgress/ImplementingSideFloats
>
> The comment on the change is:
> Difficulties around side-floats

<snip/>