Bradley Harrington wrote:
However, I got that warning even though the image I embedded in the header
is smaller than the before-extent (0.5in vs. 0.45in).  I am assuming the
table is creating the extra space to cause the overflow.

FOP puts images into lines, like everything else, and adds additional
space (the half-leading) before and after the line. The half-leading
is calculated from the line height, which is in turn calculated from
the font size in effect at the beginning of the block, unless
explicitly overridden. If you want to take the line exactly as much height as the image set the line-height or font-size to 0. (if you put
text in such lines, they will look "glued" together)

J.Pietschmann