On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 09:20:25AM +0100, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Sorry for the delay.

> > Hi guys,
> >
> > - it seems that the getNextKnuthElements method is meant to return each
> >    time a forced break is encountered. Is that a design requirement? Can
> >    I add that point to the method's javadoc?
>
> No, it's a bug (or rather an easy shortcut during the mind-boggling
> task of implementing table layout in the first place). I mentioned this before
> but I never got around to fixing it.

Originally that was a design requirement. getKnuthElements could only
return one list, which was interpreted as one paragraph or page
sequence. For the BlockLevelLMs that is still the case. The
InlineLevelLMs now return a list of lists, each of which represents a
paragraph or a sequence of inline blocks. Therefore they need not
return after a forced break, but it does not hurt if they do.

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping
home page: http://www.leverkruid.eu