Hi all!

At long last, I'm finally allowed some time to look at the float branch and ... wow! Really impressive, a great lot of good work!

In order to apologize for my long absence :-) , I'm trying to see what's wrong with the failing testcases, in particular the ones with footnotes.

Looking at the behaviour of the page breaking algorithm during the processing of testcase "footnote_footnote-separator", I found out that:

- the "right" page break (12 lines of content, some space, the separator and 2 footnote lines) does not create a new active node, it just updates lastTooShort; this is right, as there are no stretchable elements and the resulting adjustment ratio would be +inf;

- but then, instead of having a restart, new active nodes are found that fill the page but "push" the footnotes in the following page.

I'm going to see how best to fix this behaviour ... obviously if nobody else is quicker than me! :-)

Regards
    Luca