From: Glen Mazza [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 10:59 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Modularization of Axis applications?

> So I'd like to be able to ship my library built around 1.4
> while enabling applications built on top of it to use something newer.
> Can one partition a Java design so that the lower-level portion uses
> 1.4
> while additional layers use newer technology?

Yes, Apache FOP does that internally, albeit with JDK 1.3 and JDK 1.4.
You may wish to ask a question on fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org for
suggestions on how to code this way; but offhand, it probably will not
be worth the effort involved.  Make sure you really need those 5.0 & 6.0
constructs.

Glen