On Jun 30, 2007, at 03:38, Manuel Mall wrote:

Hi Manuel,

have you considered the case of fo:marker elements where the fonts
available for selection may not be known at fo tree construction time?

Good that you point it out now, since I indeed did not explicitly consider markers yet.

OTOH, I don't immediately see it as a blocker, since a great deal of what is done for FOs during the tree construction, is in fact deferred for markers until they are retrieved, exactly because of the fact that inherited property values are not known, and markers could be retrieved multiple times in different contexts.

For marker-descendants, this extra treatment of the text/characters can be folded into the marker-cloning instead of performing it on the original FOs. Just like property resolution and whitespace-handling are skipped for the marker-descendants when they are performed for all other FOs.

Cheers,