[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Author: jeremias
Date: Tue Oct 16 08:12:45 2007
New Revision: 585167

Log:
Bugfix: If auto-detection is enabled, auto-detection didn't get done starting
with the second rendering run in the same JVM. Static variables are dangerous!

Hi Jeremias,

auto detecting the Fonts is a very expensive operation. I'm not sure I want it to happen everytime I create an instance of a Renderer object. The way Adrian implemented it avoided calling this expensive operation each time a Renderer was implemented. The drawback is that if the Fonts are changing on a regular basis on the system then theres no way to tell FOP to refresh its auto-detected Fonts without restarting the JVM. Perhaps we need some sort of method which allows the auto-detected Fonts to be refreshed.

Chris