Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Statistical interest. Increasing a long shouldn't use many more CPU
> cycles than setting a boolean to true, right?

That’s not a problem of performance. When I see this I simply wonder why
a long is used while a boolean would be sufficient. Statistical
interest, why not, although here it only exists when doing a manual
debugging session.
That’s not a very big deal anyway since here the class is small, but
when you encounter such variables in hundreds of other lines of codes,
believe me, it takes a while before figuring out that they are actually
used as booleans... A small comment, perhaps?