I guess it makes sense to do that. There are only two additional uses of
setUseParent(): start-indent & end-indent. They are probably not used,
either. setUseParent() is (theoretically) only important in conjunction
with different writing modes. When they are implemented they need to be
looked at again, I think, if only to make sure that the whole thing
works correctly.

Jeremias Maerki