Hi Andreas,

Andreas Delmelle wrote:
<snip/>
> Now while going over it again, and trying to do the same for
> background-position, I noticed that there is currently a testcase
> --IIRC, one I added myself when implementing the background-position
> shorthand-- where a specified value of "0.5" is expected to yield a
> percentage... After my changes, it yields an absolute value of 500mpt.
> So I re-read the Rec on this one, and it seems the first interpretation
> is wrong. If I take the spec literally, then a value of "0.5" would
> actually be a length (and thus equal to "0.5px"), so the 500mpt is
> correct (when using the default source resolution of 72dpi).
>
> Before I commit, I thought I'd check to see if anyone disagrees with the
> above behavior.

In my opinion specifying "0.5" is simply wrong. The property expects,
among others, a <percentage> or a <length>. So one should specify either
"50%" or "0.5px", but not a number alone since it becomes impossible to
determine if it’s a percentage or a length. An error should probably be
thrown in this case.