I'm almost finished event-izing the FO tree. I've stumbled over the
following:

In RetrieveMarker.java:

    public void bindMarker(Marker marker) {
        if (marker.getChildNodes() != null) {
            try {
                cloneFromMarker(marker);
            } catch (FOPException exc) {
                log.error("fo:retrieve-marker unable to clone "
                        + "subtree of fo:marker (marker-class-name="
                        + marker.getMarkerClassName() + ")", exc);
                return;
            }
        } else if (log.isInfoEnabled()) {
            log.info("Empty marker retrieved...");
        }
        return;
    }

Is that exception something that the user has to deal with? Or is the
occurrence of this exception an indicator the something internal to FOP
went wrong? And what about the "Empty marker retrieved..."? INFO-level,
hmm.

Thanks for any insight!