On Apr 8, 2008, at 18:02, Daniel Putra wrote:

I get a very strange error

SystemId Unknown; Line #1; Column #1020; java.lang.NullPointerException

That could have a number of causes. Do you get a stack-trace? If so, can you post it?

in FOP 0.94 embedded mode and found out that the issue is fixed in FOP 0.95beta1. Unfortunately beta1 is not really usable yet as all my fonts are enlarged and the pages are shrunken, etc.

Wait, this is valuable feedback. Does this effect also present itself for PDF output, or is it limited to AWT?

The error above must be related to AWTRenderer or MIME_FOP_AWT_PREVIEW related methods. The error appears if I use AWTRenderer and then afterwards try to save any xsl-fo based PDF file to disk via Fop fop = GlobalObjects.obtainFopFactory().newFop (MimeConstants.MIME_PDF, userAgent, outputStream)... After using AWTRenderer I have to exit the JVM to get the file creation working again. As soon as I preview MIME_PDF does not work any longer.

I wonder if there is any chance that I could get a patch, or a hint where to fix the code. I could then do to build on my own. If this is not possible, could you let me know when 0.95 is scheduled to be released?

The definitive 0.95 could take some time, but we're definitely planning on releasing bugfix-releases in the meantime. If you could supply us with more detailed info, there's a chance that your 'enlarged font issue' and the above error can be resolved in, say, 0.95beta2.

Cheers