On May 11, 2008, at 14:22, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Author: adelmelle
Date: Sun May 11 05:22:22 2008
New Revision: 655309

Log:
Make the LM clean up on end-of-layout, if possible.
Added clearChildNodes() method to FObj to release the reference to the FO's children.

FWIW, I don't think it helps /that/ much yet, but it seemed like a sane thing, and didn't break anything, so I decided to commit it anyway.

In theory, this should provide a bit more room once the area- generation begins. Blocks, inlines and lists will now release the references to their children once their last area has been added to the tree...

The larger documents I tested it on did also have large tables so maybe that explains why the effect was not immediately visible to me. For table-elements, something similar might be possible, but I couldn't get that to work just yet, hence why I decided to move it into checkEndOfLayout() for the moment, which is only used by the LMs I modified a few days ago to get page-number-citation-last working.