On Jun 19, 2008, at 14:07, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

On 19.06.2008 10:46:59 Andreas Delmelle wrote:

Thanks for looking into it. Yes, your proposal would solve the problem
with the sequence. But FOEventHandler.characters() is still called
before white space handling. That would also need to be delayed. I guess
I'll have to open a Bugzilla issue and add the test case I've
constructed. I don't have enough time to dive any deeper right now. :-(

I see what you mean. In the same sense, there is a gotcha concerning fo:character. startCharacter() could be called, while further on, the corresponding Character node is removed from the tree... The intention was definitely that a FOEventHandler implementation would not need to worry about white-space handling, except around formatter- generated breaks.

I'll see if I can tackle it. I'm currently working on changing FOText to use a java.nio.CharBuffer, and already stumbled upon issues with white-space handling, so I may need to revisit that anyway.

Cheers