Hi all,

I'm trying to understand how FOP works and what are its possible future directions. In particular I'm looking at page breaking algorithm and I read on the wiki and on this list that there are already ideas and experimental brach to change the current implementation, mainly to face the problem of different page width in the same page-sequence. Probably soon I'll need to work on this and so I have some questions: are the BestFitPageBreaking and InfluenceOfPageSizesOnAlgorithm pages on the wiki still valid? What's the status of best fit implementation (if an implementation exists)? What's the main idea of this new development? Reference to old messages on the list are welcome too.

Thanks in advance,
Dario