On Jun 23, 2008, at 16:32, Andreas Delmelle wrote:

----- Oorspronkelijk bericht -----
Van: Max Berger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -356
        at java.lang.String.<init>(String.java:208)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.XMLObj.addCharacters(XMLObj.java:217)
        at

Oops! I fixed the exact same thing in FOText yesterday... If you look closely at that line in XMLObj.java, you'll see that the String constructor is not passed a length/count, but an endIndex. I'll look into it ASAP, but this is probably what's causing the problem here. FOTreeBuilder.characters() now simply passes the length, in any case, so the computation (length - start) makes no sense.

I haven't committed the testcase yet (I'll see if I can get to it later tonight), but XMLObj has already been fixed, and I don't get the error anymore.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Cheers