Jeremias Maerki wrote:
I just noticed that Ohloh finally shows FOP's full code history. The
project cost now also shows a somewhat more realistic value.

http://www.ohloh.net/projects/fop/analyses/latest

Jeremias Maerki

Measuring this stuff is a very tricky business.

On trunk alone, following a clean, run the following:

> find . -name .svn -prune -o -type f -name '*.java' -print|while read file; do cat $file;done|wc

Result:

 424558 1611465 15146740

> find . -name .svn -prune -o -name '*.xml' -o -name '*.xsl' -o -name '*.xsd' -o -name '*.fo' -print|while read file; do cat $file;done|wc

Result:

wc: standard input:69950: Invalid or incomplete multibyte or wide character
 (numerous repetitions - Linux is Unicode)
  82258  296838 3808137

I may have forgotten some important categories of xml file here, and it doesn't include the website or active development branches. I couldn't understand all of that xml.
--
Peter B. West <http://cv.pbw.id.au/>
Folio <http://defoe.sourceforge.net/folio/>