On Jul 11, 2008, at 10:55, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

... So the IFRenderer actually doesn't generate any XML itself. That will be the job of the
IFSerializer. So IFRenderer will not subclass AbstractXMLRenderer.

Apart from that, I also completely forgot about the SVGRenderer (currently still in the sandbox). Not sure, but that one could be considered an AbstractXMLRenderer as well.

And yes, I agree that it's not really a bad thing to have lots of abstractions, as long as they're actually useful. If you have only one class that extends it, and there's no immediate benefit, it's worth to stop and think for a second...

Considering the above: even if not useful for the new IF, there does seem to be potential benefit for rendering to XML formats.

Cheers