For the sake of completeness, see this message and the following ones in
the same thread:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/xmlgraphics-fop-dev/200805.mbox/<[EMAIL
 PROTECTED]>

Some non-trivial changes are indeed necessary in the table layout
code... and might be further invalidated by the new page layout
approach.

Vincent