On Sep 2, 2008, at 11:21, Jean-Fran├žois El Fouly wrote:

Just another hint I thought of:

To begin with, I've built a simple example / test case related to my customer's needs but fairly based on the one in 6.13.1.1.2: http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/#d0e14681 This example looks good and though not trivial to understand at first sight, it is a common-sense use of fo:retrieve-table-marker. It has a sort of "conditional row" that is displayed (or not) in the table footer and is defined just after table-body:

*        <fo:marker marker-class-name="continued">
         <fo:table-row>
           <fo:table-cell>
             <fo:block>Table continued...</fo:block>
           </fo:table-cell>
         </fo:table-row>
       </fo:marker>
*

Due to the problems you ran into so far, I'd advise first trying to get the retrieval of a simple fo:block into the header/footer working. That would already help most people out who need this, I think.

Once that works, extending the approach to also work with entire table-parts should prove a relatively simple exercise.

Cheers