Il giorno 24/ott/08, alle ore 00:52, Dario Laera ha scritto:
About left-aligned or justified: with the latter *sometimes* having threshold=1.0 is enough (I think because of stretchable glues) so obviously the number of active node is reduced, while the former will always fall in threshold=20.0 and in force mode (talking about my tests). Anyway, while I'm not sure short/long lines really makes difference, it's evident that non justified text produce a lot more of active nodes than justified ones.

The knuth list for a {left|right}-aligned paragraph is about twice the one of a justified paragraph. If you look at the methods addElementsFor* in TextLayoutManager class you can see that in some cases, depending on the alignment, a different number of glues/ penalties can be added. This obviously makes the breaks possibilities growing, as you can see in the graph attached that compare the SAME xsl-fo except for alignment.

Dario

<<inline: leftAl-jus.svg>>